Assisted Living vs. In-Home Care, What’s the Best Fit?
When it comes time to look further into next steps and the available options for your loved ones increasing care and support needs, there are many considerations to take into account. At BeeHive Homes, we understand that this time can be stressful and the decision is highly personal and want to help you find the right fit for your loved one – whether it be at our facility or beyond. J
What is Assisted Living?
Assisted living offers a vibrant community, with maintenance-free living, that is ideal for those who value their independence but require a little extra help with some of the activities of daily living.
Benefits of Assisted Living:
- Residents and family members can have peace of mind that they are receiving the highest level of care and companionship 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Residents benefit from regularly scheduled programming, activities and events that keep their mind and body healthy and active
- With an emphasis on our intimate, home-like setting and limited capacity, to ensure the highest quality of care and level of attention for each resident, those at BeeHive Homes receive care and support tailored to their individual needs and preferences
What is In-Home Care?
Home care offers non-medical care and support services to individuals in the comfort of their own home.
Similarities Between Assisted Living and In Home Care
- Safety and security is of utmost importance in both assisted living communities and in-home care services
- Opportunities for socialization and companionship are available each day at an assisted living facility and each visit with home care which can help individuals stay active mentally and physically, avoid isolation and fight loneliness
- Both assisted living and in home care aim to improve quality of life and help individuals stay happy, healthy, safe and as independent as possible
Differences Between Assisted Living and In Home Care
- In home care is offered in a clients own home while BeeHive Homes Assisted Living is offered in a beautiful, home-like environment
- Care provided through an in home care agency is on an as needed basis while at BeeHive Homes Assisted Living has around-the-clock care support available for residents
- Assisted living offers three meals a day with an open kitchen and snacks available in between mealtimes. With in home care, a provider can prepare and serve food to individuals during the hours in which they are employed
Contact us Today to Learn More
To learn more about our assisted living services and find out if it are the right fit for you or your loved one, call us today at (850)688-9919. We look forward to speaking with you!