Early Signs of Alzheimer’s Disease and How BeeHive Homes Can Help
At BeeHive Homes, our memory care services were created to provide tailored, life-enriching, around-the-clock support for individuals living with memory loss, Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Residents in our memory care program receive care and support customized to their stage of Alzheimer’s, from our team of specially-trained, compassionate caregivers, in our safe, comfortable home-like environment.
Early Symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease
The importance of early detection cannot be overstated. The following are some early symptoms and signs of Alzheimer’s disease that seniors and family caregivers should be aware of. If a caregiver or family member notices these symptoms, your loved one should make an appointment with their doctor as soon as possible. Below is a list of symptoms to keep in mind:
- Forgetting critical dates/events or newly acquired knowledge
- Requesting the same information over and over
- Expressing concern about their memory capabilities
- Troubles with problem-solving or money management
- Taking a break from one’s favorite pastimes or hobbies
- Being separated from family or friends
- Increased change in personality or mood shifts
- Difficulty completing chores at home
- Joining or following a conversation is difficult
- Intensifying problems getting to and staying sleep
- Increased levels of anxiety or sadness
- Losing track of time easily and frequently
How Can BeeHive Homes Help?
Our specially trained care team at BeeHive Homes of Gulf Breeze provides memory care that caters to each individuals specific stage of memory loss and tends to their unique interests, capabilities and needs. Our caregivers are taught to recognize and report changes in resident behavior and adjust their care plans to meet their changing condition and ensure their functioning and well-being.
Call us today to speak to our expert care team and learn more about our memory care and how we can help your loved one right now. We’d love to hear from you!