Signs Your Senior May Require Assisted Living Care
Your parents and other family members may display signs of aging over time, making it difficult to know whether they require assisted living care. The red flags are infrequent bathroom visits, rapid weight loss, and forgetfulness. Even if they are unable to perform the tasks that they once did, they would most likely persuade you that everything is well. If any of these signs occur in your parents or other family members, please get in touch with us as soon as possible to learn more about how our memory care services might assist you.
It can be difficult for anyone (particularly a parent) to confess that they need memory care assistance. As a result, you must be on the lookout for signs that your parents may want assistance before a minor health issue escalates into a significant problem.
The Following Are Ten Signs That Your Senior Relative May Need Elder Care:
- Changing one’s eating habits may result in weight loss, decreased hunger, or a lack of meals.
- Personal hygiene, which encompasses clothing, body odor, dental health, nails, and skincare, is neglected.
- A lack of care is indicated by a significant drop in cleanliness and sanitation.
- Being excessively loud, quiet, nervous, or upset or making phone calls at inconvenient times are all examples of inappropriate behavior.
- Friends and neighbors are concerned about the changing patterns of social connectedness.
- Bruises, for example, may occur as a result of general weakness, carelessness, or excessive alcohol or medicine consumption.
- Reduce or stop participating in enjoyable activities such as book club, dinner with friends, or religious services.
- Forgetfulness leads to unopened mail, stacks of newspapers, unfilled medications, and missed appointments, among other things.
- Failure to pay bills on time, make several payments, or hide money are examples of poor financial management.
- Purchasing irregularities include entering a vast number of contests or increasing purchases due to television commercials.
You and your family will be able to get through this challenging time with the aid of BeeHive Homes Assisted Living! We make every effort to meet the unique needs of each senior while also aiding them in making the most of their time.
To Learn More, Please Contact Us Today
Contact us at (850) 688-9919 to learn more about our assisted living care or memory care services and how we can help your aging loved one. Today, our care team would be delighted to speak with you about our tailored elder care plans.